1. Upon noticing the bead you want, make a gasping sound like you're sucking in your breath in surprise.
2. Then exhale and say, "Ohmygosh! Ohmygosh! It's soooooo cute!"
3. Next, with eyes wide, ask "Is it sold?"
Upon hearing that it is not, in fact, even listed to be sold, continue to step 4.
4. Say with much enthusiasm "I will buy it! I will pay you for it!"
5. Give it a few more "oooohs and awwwws" for good measure. Try using the voice you use when talking to your cat.
6. Promise to wear it.
7. Then go right to sleep when I tell you.
Maybe, just maybe, you'll have a new choker to wear the next day.
8. Forget all about your offer to pay good money for it.