I've been experimenting with my beads lately. Much to their chagrin, I've been moving their bead holes around and changing their shapes. The turtles are rolling their eyes at me, because I've been concentrating on them lately.
This is Rawlins, my first reversible turtle. This side shows his raised heart murrini.
I made him a little flatter than my usual round-shelled turtles, so he would lie flat if he was hanging from a chain.
And here is Rawlins' other side, melted in murrini.
Melvin the murrini-topped turtle seems to be rolling his eyes at me. But if he could see how fabulous the murrini on top of his shell looks, he'd thank me.
I've made a few turtles like this before, with the bead hole running sideways through the shell. That way I could better feature a slice of loriandkim murrini on top. This bead and the next are bigger than the ones I've done in the past, so I can fit larger murrini slices on top.
Boone the blue turtle is showing off a really detailed murrini slice. His shell also has raku frit melted in.
Boone looks as if he's a little uncomfortable with all the shell decor. But he'll get used to it.