Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's True! My Beads Really are Realistic!



Last spring we went to Wildlife Prairie State Park in Peoria, Illinois, and spent the night in a one-room log cabin on the park grounds. It was our second visit to the park, and we spent the day wandering the grounds and looking at all the animals. When we got to the indoor exhibit for snakes and turtles, I nearly squealed with delight to find these two turtles posing, one atop the other. I quickly got out my camera (I don't know why I had to act quickly - these two weren't going anywhere) and snapped a couple shots. All this time I had thought my stacked turtle beads were purely fantasy. But now I know the truth. Turtles really do like to horse around.


6 comments:

  1. How cool! It's like life immitation art!
    Those turtles are adorable, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a hard time picturing you squealing (which is a good thing). The next time Sushi gets on top of Tofu, I can take a picture. He gets on top from behind, so that might not be appropriate for your site. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg...i love this...so fun...i had no doubt lauren...

    ReplyDelete