Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Art Charm Swap - The Big Reveal

Move That Bus!


As you may remember, I recently participated in my first ever Art Charm Swap hosted by Jennifer of GlassAddictions. I sent in my 10 charms a few weeks ago, and just last week I received a package of handmade charms. I tried to slow myself down while I was opening my package, but it was no use. I was too excited! I was excited first to see and touch the glass charms that my fellow lampworkers/online friends/Fire Diva teammates had made. I have ogled GlassAddictions, Emakaye and JanelDudleyBeads for a loooooong time now, and I was finally getting to have my very own. Believe me, they are beautiful! My pictures here don't do any of the charms justice. I was equally excited to receive charms made with mediums that are totally foreign to me - ceramics, enamels, polymer clay - oh my! I was overwhelmed by the talent and variety of my package. These artists are all fabulous, and I am thrilled to own each and every one of these pieces. And . . . I'm not sharing. That had been my original thought when I decided to do the swap, but I never said it out loud so it doesn't count and they are all mine. Bwahahahaha! Mine!

From left to right, starting at the top (the colors are washed out, believe me, they are vibrant and fantastic!):
10. Paige http://pmaximdesigns.blogspot.com/ (this one you can see better in the first picture - my flash kept reflecting on the surface of this one, but it's a really cool owl with a coral background and sparklies).

And here are the charms I sent in. I forgot to take a picture before I put them on my cards.

Now that I've taken my new charms off their cards, I get to start wearing them. Lucky me!

2 comments: