Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Time for a Mini Rant

Today I pulled myself away from my torch long enough to run some errands. We were out of milk, I needed more gas for my torch and my cat bit through another headphone cord (I kept this one in a drawer, so he is pretty remarkable) - so I had a few things to get at several different stores. At three of the five stores I went to, I ran into the same problem: the stores had been switched all around. You know what I'm talking about. The electronic department used to be right here, I know it! But now it's a grocery section with fresh produce. Where on earth are the earphones? That was at Target. You've heard of the book Who Moved My Cheese? Well at Home Depot, I wanted to know who moved my gas. One. Aisle. Over. But for the life of me I couldn't find it. And Sam's Club, too, had rearranged everything. Why??? It's all the same stuff, just in different places. I don't get it. And I probably wasted a good hour wandering around these stores. Ug!

This is a small problem in the grand scheme of things - I realize that. Just had to get it out. Happy Wednesday. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I AGREE! Meijer and Walmart move things around on a monthly basis it seems. I think it's a way to get people to spend more time in the store looking for what they came for and hopefully finding things they didn't know they needed while trying to find what they really needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Lauren, I hate it, too, when the stores do that, but I think I read someplace that it's a marketing device to keep you IN the stores longer. The philosophy is that the longer you stay, the more you'll buy. I scream FOUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I don't shop!! I must be the luckiest woman alive, my husband shops, but he does the same rant as you!!

    ReplyDelete