Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday Training

Is it Tuesday already? So, this week was a decent training week. I just finished up a short run (2 miles). I had planned on a longer one today, but I haven't taken a rest day in about 5 days, so I realized partway through that I'd have to make it short. I plan to take tomorrow off and hopefully I'll do a long run on Thursday. And by long run, I mean 4-5 miles.

I still have not signed up for the half-marathon. I "like" it on Facebook (does that count for anything?) and I keep getting updates about sign-up. I hesitate for a couple reasons. First, I'm still not sure I can do this. I'll be training on my treadmill for most of the time, and that's a lot different than running outside. Second - there is a cost involved. It's $50, which isn't enormous, but I don't want to sign up and then have to drop out for whatever reason and lose my payment. Plus there would be a hotel stay, at least one night, probably two. And back to those updates I get on Facebook - the pictures that accompany them are obviously of college kids running last year's race. These are young, fit athletes. Let's face it, it's intimidating.

I also know I'd be a much better runner if I dropped a few pounds so I'm really trying to put better food into my body. I've upped the fruits and veggies and am seeking out recipes with lean protein. I'm feeling good, but not completely confident. I'm not trying to talk myself out of this - these are just some of the things going through my head lately.

1 comment:

  1. Rubbish, they do that on purpose, putting young, fit looking college kids on all advertising stuff, its so the mums and 'older' lady won't compete and show up the youngsters!! And yes, 'liking' something on Facebook, counts for lots and lots!! I don't know what hotel costs are for you, but I think you should go ahead and book your place on the starting line. Go, go, go,.....:O)

    ReplyDelete