Monday, March 5, 2012

Murrini Monday

I have been having a TON of fun with some surprise murrini I received last week. This murrini is made by my friend Mallory of rosebud101, and the detail in it is really cool. Let's take a look, shall we?

This cat head bead features some of Mallory's green and black murrini, with tiny dots of red (or is it pink?) in the centers. I had planned on making an owl with this murrini as the eyes, but I melted it in too quickly and I wound up turning it into a cat head. I love how the black lines look like tiger stripes!

Here is that same murrini on a turtle. The turtle has a maroon shell, to match the tiny dot in the center (so maybe it is red?).

Next I used a bunch of Mallory's special Chalcedony murrini on the chest of this owl. This murrini has special color-changing powers, and sometimes I can get them to work. You can see some pretty cool results in the crackling blue on the owl.

And here is some of that same murrini on a dachshund (a murrini weenie!). You can see that I got the colors to come out on his backside and under his eye. That blue is so cool! And that doxie is definitely not blue, but very happy with his unique markings. :)

Thank you, Mallory! And Happy Murrini Monday to all!

1 comment: