Saturday, September 18, 2010

Art Charm Swap Progress - part II

As I said in my last Art Charm Swap update, I decided to change directions. Rather than making all of the same bead, I decided instead to vary them. I also wanted to use my new Celadon glass, which I think closely matches Lagoon, one of the color choices that is required for the charms. So each of my beads incorporates Celadon in some way. I had a lot of fun coming up with Celadon color combos. It looks really nice with intense blue, transparent purple, brown, silvered ivory . . . Ok, I'm giving too much away. Here is my latest progress picture, beads facing away from the camera again to hide their identities:

Next week I'll take a field trip to my favorite bead store and stock up on little sparklies to incorporate into my charms. I already have sterling silver headpins and a few fun loose beads, but I could use just a few more. I also might need jump rings. I don't know if these will be worn as jewelry, zipper pulls or some kind of decoration, so I want to make them as universally useful as possible. More next week!

2 comments:

  1. I am dying to see the front facing photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I love that they are hiding their identities by facing away from the camera. It sounds like you're having lots of fun with this and I can hardly wait to see the finished charms.

    ReplyDelete