Monday, December 27, 2010

Murrini Monday

I don't have any finished murrini beads to show off today, so instead I'm showing a small stash of my murrini. I picked out a bunch of murrini that I'd really like to use, and I'm challenging myself to use it all by the end of the day. I know, it will be rough, but I think I'm up for it.

There are 18 pieces of murrini and one dog hair in my dish. I really want some red in my shop, so I picked out a few nice red pieces, including a heart (Valentine's Day is coming up, you know). I also chose a yellow sun, which is a design I have had for a long time and just haven't tried yet. I'm thinking maybe a "day owl" - you know, as opposed to a night owl. Much of the murrini is from lori and kim, and six glorious pieces are from rosebud101. The ones from rosebud101 are called Triton and Kronos, and I know I've used one of them before but can't remember which. I'm thinking turtles for these - can't wait to see what they do! And the dog hair, maybe I'll just make a collage with that. I think I can find some more laying around here somewhere.

Just another view of the murrini. Oooh - look at that blue and green one with the pink in the middle. What should I do with that?

And in case you aren't a stalker of lori and kim, allow me to fill you in on the announcement on their site: January 1st is going to be a biggie! We will not only have four new murrini blends but we will also be launching a brand new product line! Stay tuned! Say what??? New murrini AND a new product line??? What are you trying to do to me, Lori and Kim? Can I support another glass addiction? As Lori and Kim say . . . stay tuned! And stay tuned for the results of my murrini challenge - hopefully I'll have pictures later today or tomorrow.

Happy Murrini Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the beads! I see some of my favorite murrini in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be fun, Lauren! I love your turtles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a lot of fun! Unfortunately, two of my beads cracked. I was pretty bummed about those. Both were encased beads and those are tricky for me with my set-up (cooling in heated vermiculite and batch annealing). I think I pulled them out a tiny bit too soon. I still took pics of everything, so I should have those soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. . . . great murrinis . . lets do it `` ;)
    lg
    guido

    ReplyDelete