Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Getting to Know . . . The Tiny Fig

Connie from The Tiny Fig agreed to answer my random questions so we could get to know her better. Her charming Etsy shop has been a favorite of mine for a while now. You'll find everything from whimsical earrings to stickers and zip pouches. My daughter recently got her ears pierced, so we had a blast picking out some earring studs for her, and also stocked up on a bunch to give as gifts.

And right now, to celebrate the shop's 2-year anniversary, The Tiny Fig has marked down everything in the shop 50%! The sale runs through Sept. 14, so hop on over to The Tiny Fig and check it out! Also, for every item you purchase between Aug. 30 - Sept. 14, you will be entered in drawing to win a new French Toast Tee (not yet available in the shop).

So, let's get to know Connie, creator of the winking toast:
How did you come up with the burnt bread & winking toast (two of my personal faves)? When I first started playing with polymer clay I made a batch of bread slices. I painted some cute faces on them and my little sister said Ii should call them bread buddies. So that is what they are called. A while after, I was making another batch of charms and some how my toaster oven got cranked up to broil. The clay burnt and my whole house stank for hours with all the windows open. I posted about it on the Etsy forums and some people said it would be funny if I made burnt toast! So that's how they came to life.

Do you have a nickname? Right now everyone calls me Tiny Fig or Figgy but some of my older Etsy friends and my real life friends call me Coonies as a fun way to say my actual name Connie. I actually use to have a shop on Etsy under that name until someone told me it was a bad word... whoops.

Chocolate or Vanilla? CHOCOLATE!

Laundry hamper: full or empty? Half full.

What did you have for dinner last night? Rice and ribs.

Bed: made or unmade? always unmade.

Favorite fruit: hmm.. I don't know the english name of my favorite fruit. It's tropical and it grows on my family's farm in Malaysia. I guess other than that I would say white nectarines.

Last book you read: I don't read... The last book I read if you don't count my accounting textbook would probably be Heart of Darkness.

Ever eat a crayon? No.

What's on your nightstand? I don't have a nightstand

Favorite color? Purple

How do you like your eggs? Easy over.

Ever have a perm? no way! I have a round face.. It would look horrible on me.

What's on your living room wall? Nothing. I don't really have a wall that doesnt have furniture up against it so it's blank.

Deep dish or thin crust? can I choose regular? haha

Pets' names: My dog is named Suki

Ever try their (your pets') food? No but it smells good.

Ever broken a bone? Nope thank god!

Do you like guacamole? I love it!

Most proud of: Starting my own business.





1 comment:

  1. Wonderful interview! It's always fun getting to know my fellow Etsians. Off to check out the shop!

    ReplyDelete