Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday is on FIRE

It's only fitting that today's featured Fire Diva has been in the midst of the California wildfires for about a week now, but she marches on and keeps listing beautiful beads in her Etsy shop. Meet Holly, from HollysFollyGlass.

How did you find your craft, or did it find you? I was working as a producer on "The Carol Duvall Show" for HGTV (back when they were a cool network that had crafts!), and one of my guests would come in dripping of lampwork. We did an outside studio piece on a lampwork artist and glass just started popping up everywhere.

Favorite color glass?
It's whatever I'm in the mood for but I do have favorites: Vetrofond Seashell Swirl, Steel blue, aventurine...I was obsessed with red-purple for a long time! LOL!

What else do you make/do?
What DON'T I do would be a shorter list! I did work for the Queen of Crafts for a reason! I own a rubber stamp company and we make food safe rubber so you can decorate cakes and cookies with it. Another division packages kits for painting on cookies so I'm a real expert at crafting but keeping it safe for food. I decorated cakes for a long time before becoming a stamper. I've taught all kinds of craft classes since I was a teen and still teach in our local community college system. Invariably, I go in to pitch a class that has to do with my business and they see my jewelry and ask me to teach that instead... I also knit and make jewelry but it's making glass that I love.

Do you have a nickname?
Nope

Chocolate or Vanilla?
... Chocolate

Laundry hamper: full or empty?
Overflowing

What did you have for dinner last night?
Trader Joe's frozen Gnocchi Sorentina with added heirloom tomatoes, herbs and fresh Grana Padano parmesan

Bed: made or unmade?
Made...only to keep the dog out.

Favorite fruit:
Mango

Last book you read:
Just re-read my favorite - To Kill a Mockingbird.

Salad dressing:
on the side or mixed in? Both!

Ever eat Playdoh?
Nah

How do you like your eggs?
left in the kitchen...seriously I HATE them. But my doc has MADE me so scrambled (makes it easier to feed to the dog!)

Three favorite condiments?
Ranch, bbq sauce, plain old yellow mustard.

Ever have a perm?
LOL! ROFL!!! My natural hair is so curly... I thought about getting a perm to straighten it!

Deep dish or thin crust?
Cracker thin!

Favorite smell/scent:
Water lily and jasmine

Can you play an instrument
? flute

Pets' names:
Mabel Lou

Ever try their (your pets') food?
I sometimes hold treats in my mouth when training... but that's about it!

Last vacation you took?
2008 Bead and Button to grand, glorious Milwaukee. I didn't really know many beaders then so I was all by myself and I had a blast. Funny thing...on the bus ride to the hotels, I "re-met" a lady in my ISGB group and we had two classes together so that was the best part.

What's on your nightstand?
My ipod radio, a beaded candle holder, remote for the fan / light, and a phone.

Ever broken a bone?
Not until I was 36!! My right pinky. Then at 39, I broke a bone in my right foot.

Do you like guacamole?
LOVE guac!

Most proud of:
My ability to get things done... I'm one of those people who could move an army through a jungle...or anywhere else!




Under the text, from top to bottom: Pineapple Orange Swirl I Scream

3 comments:

  1. Lauren, Thanks so much!!! This is so sweet of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great interview with Holly! I didn't know so many of the things you asked! Love her beads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great interview! Love the questions, hehe.

    ReplyDelete