Friday, January 15, 2010

Caught in the Act

Up until just recently, I've had a little routine for listing my beads. I'd bring my beads to my computer and keep them in front of me while I wrote my listing. I keep my ruler handy near my computer, so I measure the beads there, too. Then I usually keep the beads under my computer for a while. They keep me company while I blog or surf the net. If they don't sell right away, they get transferred to the bead box, unless they are a new favorite that I just like to keep nearby. At times I have 8 to 10 beads lined up watching me from under my computer.

But, as you may know, things have changed around here lately. We adopted two very rambunctious kittens (an oxymoron, I know), and they are wreaking havoc on my routine, not to mention my beads. It didn't take them long to discover the little critters sitting helplessly under the computer.


Ernie the kitten is caught in the act taking a swipe at the poor doggie, while the turtle and puppy cower together, frozen in fear.

Here Ernie sneak attacks from behind, knocking the poor turtle off his perch.

Now I can reassure you that all beads have been swiftly transferred to a safe spot, out of the reach of kittens. No beads or kittens were harmed in the making of this blog post.

10 comments:

  1. thankfully mine can't get to my beads because i know they'd be doing the same thing, but the buttfreckles in our house are always getting swiped and hidden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Critter adventures! I love it Lauren!

    My mischievous Maynard tries to do the same thing, he's full grown but he thinks he's a kitten/dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! I love those little paws. My beads get routinely knocked around by one of the cats. The other one is too busy catching up on sleep before his nap. or eating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROTFL! I have mine high on a shelf where I can see them but the critters can't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hee hee! they're helping! i occasionally find the bathtub plug in my laundry hamper. they love treasure and you make beautiful treasure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cat pushes my beads into the garbage.. actually he pushes anything he can find on my computer desk into the garbage... It's why some of my beads get removed from etsy before they sell.. they have been relocated to a garbage dump somewhere....

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK first of all, you have new "bead inspectors!"

    And second of all... have you thought of blogging photo stories using your critters???! Oh, the stories they could tell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly - that's a great idea! I may have to make that a once a week feature.

    ReplyDelete