Friday, January 29, 2010

Something New in the Bedroom ~ Ooh La La

That's right, I'm sharing something personal here. It's something new in our boudoir. Well, it's not exactly new. It's something we've had for a while, but we just hadn't been using a lot, so we'd been keeping it in the basement. It's something we got right around the time we were married. We had it in our first bedroom together, and it was used constantly. When we moved to a different townhouse and had our first child, there it was in our bedroom again, but it wasn't used quite as much. And when we moved into our house 10 years ago, we just put it in the basement. And that's where it has sat until a couple weeks ago, when something possessed me to bring it upstairs and see what would happen. It brought a lot of excitement to me when we first brought it home, and now the excitement is back. Any guesses?











That's right, it's a kitty condo! And for anyone who thought differently - you sickos, you. We got - actually, I won - this kitty condo in a drawing. My husband and I were at a pet store and there was a drawing for this massive piece of cat furniture. So I put my name in. About 5 times. And when I got the call that I won I was SO excited! At the time we had two or three cats. My husband didn't share in my joy, however. We lived in a one-bedroom townhouse, so space was limited. And, we both drove small cars, so getting the thing from the pet store to our home was an ordeal. But I was determined. I'd never won anything like that before, and I wanted that kitty condo. We brought it home and put it in our bedroom, and the cats LOVED it. Two were kittens, so they played on it. Our cat mostly slept on it, and at times all three would be on it at once. When we moved to a larger town house, we again put the kitty condo in our bedroom. The cats used it a little less, but our then-toddler son used to climb through the tube on the bottom. And when we moved to our current house, we put it in the basement. One of our less social cats slept on it down there.

But, as you may know, we recently adopted two kittens. They have endless amounts of energy. I started thinking about that kitty condo in the depths of the basement where no one goes unless they have to, and I thought it was time to bring it back. I lugged it out of the storage area and got out the Spot Shot and the vacuum cleaned it up. Then I hauled it up the stairs (luckily we live in a ranch, or it would be in our living room). I moved our hamper and pushed the kitty condo into place by the window. Once again, it's a highly trafficked area - by the kittens, the cat, and one little girl.

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I know our cats would love a kitty condo, but I'm too cheap to buy one. I'll have to keep my eyes out for lotto contests like the one you won! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so cute...now maybe your cats will leave your toes alone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is that? I'll bet the kitties are enjoying their new toy. Will see some beads out of this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought the only thing you won was at the Kathy and Judy convention! I had forgotten all about this, you loser....I mean you WINNER! : )

    ReplyDelete