Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Incredible Chicken


What are you having for dinner tonight? We're having Incredible Chicken. I'm not bragging - that's the name of the recipe, and believe me, this chicken lives up to its name. It is SO easy, it's almost ridiculous that it's an actual recipe in a cookbook. It's from Noteworthy, a collection of recipes from the Ravinia Festival. Ravinia is a nearby venue for outdoor summer concerts, and it's very popular to pack an elaborate picnic and a couple of bottles of wine to take to the concerts. Every recipe in this book has been good, so I couldn't pass up one called Incredible Chicken. Here it is:

INCREDIBLE CHICKEN
This unlikely combination of ingredients is delicious (it says this in the book)

1 chicken, quartered
garlic salt
1/4-1/3 cup brown sugar

Arrange chicken skin side up in a lightly oiled baking pan. Season fairly heavily with garlic salt. Sprinkle generously with brown sugar. Bake in preheatd 375 degree oven 1 hour. Cover with foil after 30 to 45 minutes if chicken appears too dry. May be served hot or cold.

Instead of one whole chicken, I use bone-in, skin-on breasts. It comes out great every time, smells delicious, and is really good with rice and veggies.

5 comments:

  1. love your header...first time I've explored your blog...recipe sounds great, I have one called Shoyu chicken, it's simple:
    cut up chicken in a pot
    pour over 1 c shoyu (wheat free soy), 1 cup sugar, 1 cup catchup, a little ginger and seasame oil if you have it.
    stir cover and cook on med heat for 1 hour. If you use less chicken you can cut back the amounts you use, more add more.
    Serve with rice and veg and you're set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, if you have picky eaters, I call it messy chicken. Kids love it. I sometimes add garlic to this and it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nummy! I'm going to have to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie - thank you! I love new ideas for dinner!

    ReplyDelete