Wednesday, November 17, 2010

You Might Like . . .



Do you buy or sell on Etsy? What do you think about the new feature on the front page that suggests items You Might Like? I've seen some talk in the forums that it's intrusive and that people don't want blatant suggestions. But I have to admit, I kind of like it. For the most part, it's spot-on with what I might like. The feature obviously pulls from our favorites or from shops we have already purchased from, so I'm happy to see more ideas from these shops. Of course, I do get side-tracked looking at all the goodies that I might not normally be looking for, but I always have the option of clicking away. Plus, if other shops are being recommended to me, then my shop must be recommended to others as well. I can't find a reason not to like that idea. So today I'm posting some of the recent things I might like, according to Etsy.


Knitting Pattern - Bear Pet Costume by xmoonbloom. I'm not a knitter (although my mom has been after me to learn for a loooong time), but I know why this one keeps popping up on my personal front page - because it's so darn cute! And I love cute. I also love cats. I've spent some time in this shop browsing, and I'm pretty sure I've used another item from it in a treasury.


Blue Murrini by rosebud101. I'm shocked that Etsy would think I might like murrini - hahahaha! If murrini didn't show up I would be disappointed. And I happen to own lots of Mallory's murrini and LOVE it!


I've never seen anything like this before. I don't use enamels on my beads, but if I ever got to try them, I would LOVE to use this tool! You can find this bird lampwork bead stamp at ShardsFactory.


This Spotted Snail glass bead by Nikki at nlcbeads has been making an appearance on my front page ever since it was listed a couple days ago. Do I like it? Yes, I do!


I'm not at all surprised this Tis the Season Whipped Soap Gift Set by sunbasilgarden showed up on my front page. It's as if Etsy is reading my mind. I love browsing this shop! The soaps are the prettiest and most creative I've ever seen. What I've been wanting to try (and will probably use as a gift as well) are the whipped soaps that are pictured, as well as the lotions. They all look scrumptious!


Hanukkah is early this year, so it's only fitting that this Star of David Bottle Cap Necklace by Eileen of Dorset Hill Beads would pop up on my front page. I'm a big fan of her lampwork beads, and I happen to own one of her fantastic bottle cap necklaces, which I adore.


I just purchased this Cardinal Ornament Needle Felting Kit, along with another kit and some felting supplies from fancytiger, so items from this shop show up on my front page all the time. I think they're adorable, and my daughters will love receiving them for Hanukkah - I have no doubt.


I'm always happy to be greeted by the hilarous beanforest buttons when I log on to Etsy. I often get side-tracked in this shop! I've bought several of these button/magnets, and I know I'll be back for more. This one can be found here.

So what do you think of the You Might Like feature? I Like.

4 comments:

  1. love the post lauren...and i also love the near front page feature...i'm with you on that one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Lauren! Thanks for showing my murrini! That was really sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maybeads!!!
    Thanks so much for including SBG soaps. I'm whipping up a storm with the new whipped soaps. Love all your picks and blog. Fanned you on fb too, so I'm all Maybead connected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little kitty hat is just too adorable!! MY cats unfortunately would never wear it!! :)

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete